Divino Tuscany is a celebration of Tuscan winemaking excellence. In Florence, from 2-5 June, 2011, the inaugural event unites top Tuscan winemakers who will present their top-rated wines.
James Suckling, former Senior Editor and European Bureau Chief of Wine Spectator and one of the most prominent and influential wine critics, along with IMG Artists, one of the top producers of cultural and lifestyle festivals, including the Tuscan Sun Festival, are uniting to create signature event.
With founding vinters from Antinori, Frescobaldi, Mazzei, Ricasoli, Il Borro, Petrolo and Castello Banfi, Divino Tuscany presents a distinctive program highlighting premium wines in one of the world’s most important vinicultural regions. Throughout the event, the region’s unique wine, food, culture and history will be savoured.
Suckling has personally selected the wines to be showcased in this exclusive event, having referred to his reporting over the last two decades. Ultimately the names selected were those whose merit and high-quality winemaking stood out. For over a decade, Suckling lived in Tuscany, where he evolved his great love for great Italian wines, which inspired the creation of the Divino Tuscany event.
Over the course of four incredible days, Divino Tuscany attendees will have the opportunity to experience an amazing array of tastings, seminars, special dinners and entertainment in one of the most dramatic vinicultural regions of the world. The Divino Tuscany Full Pass Package provides the most exclusive access to the top winemakers of Tuscany.
Divino Tuscany Highlights include:
– Opening night featuring a concert by superstar violinist Joshua Bell followed by an informal but festive dinner in the Gherardesca garden of the Four Seasons Hotel in Florence.
– Gala dinner at the opulent Palazzo Corsini on the banks of the Arno catered by the legendary Enoteca Pinchiorri, a three star Michelin restaurant in Florence known for its stunning wine cellar and sumptuous cuisine.
– Grand Tastings at the Four Seasons Florence featuring the very best wines from both newer and older vintages of the 50 best wineries in Tuscany poured by the winemakers and proprietors themselves.
– Saturday night dinners in the private Palazzi of the most well-known Tuscan wine families and estates including Antinori, Frescobaldi, Mazzei, Ferragamo, Corsini and Banfi to name a few. The dinners will be hosted by the families, winemakers and owners of the estates themselves, creating the privileged setting of access to these normally private estates.
– Tutored tastings at the gorgeous Palazzo Capponi All’Annunziata featuring important topics on Tuscan winemaking led by James Suckling and complemented by his guest panellists and experts.
– Divino Tuscany will close with a relaxed country lunch featuring a traditional Tuscan pig roast hosted by Sting and Trudie Styler at their private villa in the countryside just outside Florence, Il Palagio.
Artviva can also arrange other exclusive wine events all year around, such as our Adopt-a-Vine programme, a unique wine tour in Tuscany.
Our Authors, Artists and Aristocrats evenings held each Monday evening throughout May, June, August and September offer visitors to Tuscany a chance to meet local authors, artists and aristocrats, including wine tasting and insights into Italian culture.
And for any other enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or call Italian number +39 055 264 5033.