The Italy Milan Expo 2015 theme is to be: Feeding the planet, energy for life.
The concept behind this Expo 2015 is related to how tradition and technology blend with culture and creativity in providing food for the planet.
Proposed sub-themes are:
- Science for Food Safety, Security and Quality
- Innovation in the Agro Food Supply Chain
- Technology for Agriculture and Biodiversity
- Dietary Education
- Solidarity and Cooperation on Food
- Food for Better Lifestyles
- Food in the World’s Cultures and Ethnic Groups
Running from 1st May to 31st October 2015, some 109 years after Milan, Italy, first hosted a World Expo.
The tradition of the Expo (a.k.a. universal exposition, world fair or world exposition) grew from France’s custom of holding national fairs, the first being in Paris with the French Industrial Exposition of 1844. As with many a French fashion, other Europeans followed suit. In 1928, the International Exhibitions Bureau began overseeing the fairs as international sanctioning body.